What is Green Educator Course?
Green Educator Course (GEC) is a professional development training for educators around the world. It is a 5 to 6-Day designed experience which unpacks the pedagogy and fundamental design principles of Green School’s holistic, student-centered and nature-based curriculum.
This course aims to answer the following questions:
- Why do we put sustainability at the center of our teaching and learning?
- What skills, behaviours, values, and mindset do we need in order to create a world that works for all?
- What are the characteristics of transformational teaching and learning?
- What models and design strategies can we use to deliver Education for Sustainability?
- What are the paradigms of wall-less education?
Has been running since 2013, Green Educator Course brings together like-minded educators from all over the world with interests in progressing education in our changing environmental, social, and economic global landscape. The program provides opportunities to not only learn from what Green School has to offer, but creates a platform to explore, share and expand ideas with others. Learning is a collaborative process between the participants and Green School community. Our Green School teachers and community members will provide our participants with an enriching educational experience.
VISION - Aim to promote a shift towards sustainability in the wider society by using education as a tool.
MISSION - Creating a global network of educators inspired to spread sustainability throughout the globe, one classroom at a time.